Steps for Applying
If you are interested in joining our team of exceptional firefighters, review the information below, and contact us at 479-986-6801, if you have any questions about the department.
There are four steps to becoming a Rogers firefighter:
Fill out a job application at www.rogersar.gov/fireapp .
Sit for an entry-level written test with the National Testing Network. To schedule a test, go to National Testing Network and select Rogers (Arkansas) Department.
Complete a Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) exam. Exams are offered nationwide, and testing locations can be found at the following sites:
Complete Civil Service and Battalion Chiefs' interview. You will be notified when the next date is set for interviews.
To be considered for employment the following criteria must meet:
- Completed all four of the previous steps
- Have graduated from high school or achieved a GED certification
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator license
- Have a current CPR card
- Must have an Arkansas Emergency Medical Technician License or have the ability to gain an Arkansas EMT license via reciprocity. EMT students are allowed to test but are not eligible for hiring until this requirement is met.
- Must be between the ages of 18-35 at the date of appointment or have previous full-time firefighting experience. Example: (Candidate is 42 years old with 8 years of verifiable full-time firefighting experience) Effective Age: 34 years old.
- Provide an Affidavit of Non-Smoking (PDF)