Trails & Greenways
A love of the area’s natural beauty has long been a tradition in the City of Rogers, and the city’s trail system honors that tradition.
2014-2015 Trail Map
- Cyclist should use hand signals to alert others of upcoming turns
- Do not litter
- Faster trail users should yield to slower traffic
- Give warning before passing other trail users
- Helmets required for all bicycle riders
- Keep dogs leashed and in control
- Maintain control of your speed at all times
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited
- Move to the edge when stopped to allow others to pass
- Pick up after pets
- Ride / walk on the right side of the trail
- stay on the trails to protect the vegetation and minimize potential erosion
- Trails are open from sunrise to sunset
- Yield to others when entering and crossing the trail
The time has finally arrived! Our beloved Lake Atalanta will receive the tender loving care needed to bring this city treasure back to its glory days along with a few surprises!
Improvements made during construction will take approximately one year. With safety in mind, the lake, pavilion, road, restrooms, parking, and park areas will be closed to the general public beginning July 13 of 2015 until mid 2016. As construction allows, we will keep the soft-surface trails south Walnut Street open. The only access point to these trails is at 1615 Pleasant Ridge Road.
Keep a look out for updates and photos along this journey as they are sure to get your toes wiggling in anticipation to explore the new Lake Atalanta! Enjoy a stroll on the new concrete trail that circles the lake. Choose your fishing spot along the new boardwalk where the improved water quality is easily noticed thanks to dredging out old sediment from years of siltation. Let your kids cool off in the renovated stream before heading off for another adventure on the new playground structures. Relax in the serenity garden before meandering on the ten miles of nature trails. Reserve the improved Clark Pavilion for a gathering of family and friends. Get your adrenaline pumping as you ride along the off-road mountain biking trails featuring multiple skill levels. Are you feeling daring? Then learn a new trick at our bike park! These are some of the new amenities you can look forward to!
There is much to be said about Lake Atalanta and its history, but one thing is for sure, its history is still in the making.